Hi everyone! I have a quick little crafty post to share with you all today. Over the weekend, Melissa and I had the pleasure of attending a bridal shower for Melissa's cousin's fiance. We had a wonderful time seeing her whole family, and enjoying one last quick vacation before summer ends.
Before heading up for the party, we had to get our gift for the party all ready. I decided this was the perfect opportunity to try my hand at some card making. I have never really made a card before, so I wasn't quite sure where to start. After a quick search around for inspiration, I found this card, which was exactly the jumping off point I needed to get this project started.
Oh, and please excuse these less than stunning pictures. They were snapped with my iPhone while we were in the middle of running around packing and trying to get out the door!
I wanted the card and tag to coordinate, but not match exactly. So I made sure to use a couple of coordinating elements on both of them. I decided on a mainly pink color scheme, with a few touches of gold.
I thought I'd give you guys a quick step by step tutorial on how I made this card and gift tag, so you can create ones for yourself if you're in need of a quick card for a bridal shower, birthday or whatever! The beauty of these cards is you can tweak a couple elements (color, word choice, embellishments) here and there to fit whatever event the card is meant for!
How to make Bridal Shower card:
- Cut six strips of patterned paper or washi tape in various lengths and widths
- Trim the ends of your paper strips into a variety of banner, straight or pointed ends
- Attach patterned strips down the right side of card, slightly overlapping each other
- Wrap a thick piece of ribbon around the center of your card, securing ends on the inside of the card
- Using your Silhouette, cut out the letters 'congrats' (or any sentiment you'd like) and attach cut-out to ribbon using foam dots
- Embellish using two flowers (attached with foam dots) and one button, or any other mix of embellishments you'd like
- Enjoy your finished card!
How to make Bridal Shower gift tag
- Place a strip of washi tape along the end of your gift tag, and trim off excess
- Hand letter recipient's name on blank part of tag
- Attach flower (or embellishment of your choice) to upper corner of gift tag
- Attach tag to present using ribbon
- Enjoy your finished gift tag!
I hope you enjoyed this quick little tutorial for making a Bridal Shower card and gift tag. If you'd like to see more tutorials like this on Label Me Organized, let me know in the comments!
I'd also love to see your take on this tutorial, or other cards you've made yourself. I don't think I'll be able to go back to store bought now that I've dipped my toe in the DIY card pool. Link up your DIY cards and gift tags in the comments so we can all see some other beautiful cards that can be made at home!